So I spent the rest of the game NOT happily eating peanuts, but icing my throbbing foot. All of my toes moved and everything seemed okay; of course it was sore, which was expected. But, as the next week progressed my foot got more and more sore, until it wouldn't fit in my shoe and I could hardly walk without wincing. Long story short--after a visit to the podiatrist, I have a broken bone in my foot! Now I'm sporting a new fashion accessory that goes with every outfit I wear whether I like it or not. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled to have this stylish boot - my foot feels SO much better with it on, and I can now walk without pain. Treatment? Limit walking as much as possible, and 3-4 weeks with the compression boot.
What I take away from this:
* Patience, patience, and more patience
* Injuries hurt even more when you inflict them upon yourself
* The podiatrist's office has awesome coffee
* It's okay that it's snowy and cold outside
* And finally, move ALL cans to the lowest shelf in the pantry