- Getting a gnat in your eye. Activities come to a grinding halt.
- Getting a buzzing insect stuck inside your ear. Activities come to a grinding halt.
- Finding a deer tick on your arm and wondering where else they might be.
- Starting a project when it's bright and sunny outside, then moments later clouds roll in with an unexpected burst of heavy rain that completely soaks you.
- Planting a large daylily and discovering that it's six inches off where you really wanted it and you have to re-do it. This is especially annoying if you've already watered the plant.
- Wearing a bicycle helmet while weeding where the neighbor's walnut tree overhangs one of your gardens. Falling walnuts really do hurt.
- Getting a hole in your garden glove and not immediately taking the time to replace the glove. Having instant regret after getting a big thorn in the part of your finger that sticks out of the hole.
- Having a snake unexpectedly slither over your foot.
- Finding a dead, rotting 'something' in between your daylilies while weeding.
- Being dog-tired at the end of a gardening day and realizing you still have to clean up your mess and all your tools.
As much as I love gardening, there are just a few things I wish didn't happen when I'm outside:
if it's about
my backyard and garden, I LOVE to talk about it!