- I had my Ancestry DNA done. I was glad I had visited the UK since a good bit of my DNA is from there.
- On the topic of the UK, I watched all the available seasons of ‘The Great British Baking Show.’ I learned a lot and really appreciated the feel-good vibe of the show.
- Does anyone else out there own an unruly Alexa? Ours talks whenever she wants to, doesn’t follow directions, says bizarre things, and shuts off randomly. I shudder at the thought of allowing her to control anything randomly important.
- Since I haven’t been able to garden, I mentioned that I really missed having my hands in the dirt. My seven-year-old grandson overheard and shortly thereafter brought me a bucket filled with dirt and said, ‘Here Grandma Carole, now you can put your hands in the dirt.’ How sweet is that?
- My 11-year-old granddaughter is taller than me. I suspect it won’t be long before she passes up her Mom as well.
- I often use voice-to-text on my laptop. If you use this feature on your computer, you know that it doesn’t always type exactly what you say. One day I was using voice-to-text and I had to stop and sneeze… my computer typed ‘bitch.’ Yikes!
- 2021 brought a multitude of kind and caring individuals who worked hard in my garden, made food for us, brought treats and gifts, helped with paperwork, and kept me in good spirits with frequent texts, emails, phone calls, and visits. I am so very grateful and humbled.
Pictured: A restaurant in Kensington, London