Hybridized in 1998 by George Rasmussen from Farmingdale (Long Island), New York, Adorable Tiger is a very showy dormant tetraploid that grows well in Wisconsin. It is 26" tall and has 5" flowers (bud count:16-20). In my garden it bloomed from July 10 through August 10.
American Daylily Society Awards:
- Award of Merit: 2007 - This award signifies that a cultivar is not only distinctive and beautiful, but also performs well over a wide geographic area.
- Honorable Mention: 2004 - The first official “stamp of approval” by the ADS, where good performance goes beyond the regional level.
- Junior Citation: 1998 - This award was established to focus attention on new cultivars that appear to have outstanding qualities and distinction.
- Don C. Stevens Award: 2008 - The most outstanding eyed or banded daylily.
- President's Cup: 2006 - The most outstanding of all clumps observed by attendees of the National Convention tour gardens.